ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS (4/15/2020)
As part of the CARES Act that was signed in March 2020, most Americans will receive an Economic Impact Payment beginning in April. Eligibility for payments is being determined by the IRS and the order in which payments will be made has not been clear to this point.
- If you do not receive your Payment this week through your financial institution, you may receive it on a future payment date, generally to be on Fridays as we have been told.
- The amount of payments made may vary depending on your adjusted gross income and whether you have any qualifying children on your tax return. Payments will be based on 2019 tax return information or 2018 if the 2019 return has not been filed. If you do not normally file a return, but receive Social Security Benefits or Railroad Retirement benefits, payments should be made in the same manner that you receive those payments.
- To inquire about your payment status or to get additional information how to update your direct deposit information, please visit the IRS website at: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments
If you have questions concerning a payment to be made to your account at Rushville State Bank, please call us at 217-322-3323 to see if it has been deposited. Understand that if the payment is not in your account, we do not have information available to determine when your payment will be made.
The IRS reminds all Americans − that no one from the agency will be reaching out to them by phone, email, mail or in person asking for any kind of information to complete their economic impact payment, also sometimes referred to as rebates or stimulus payments. Do NOT fall victim to scammers who may:
- Ask the taxpayer to sign over their economic impact payment check to them.
- Ask by phone, email, text or social media for verification of personal and/or banking information saying that the information is needed to receive or speed up their economic impact payment.
- Suggest that they can get a tax refund or economic impact payment faster by working on the taxpayer's behalf. This scam could be conducted by social media or even in person.
- Mail the taxpayer a bogus check, perhaps in an odd amount, then tell the taxpayer to call a number or verify information online in order to cash it.
Do not respond to unsolicited emails, text messages or social media attempts to gather information that appear to be from either the IRS or an organization closely linked to the IRS, such as the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS). Remember, don't open emails or click on attachments or links in emails or social media messages. Go to IRS.gov website for the most up-to-date information.
Thank you for your cooperation.
DRIVE-UP ONLY ENVIRONMENT TIPS
As we continue to work in a drive-up only environment, we are offering some tips to make your experience more efficient:
- If you are a "first-time" drive up customer, be patient - take the canister from the unit and turn the end of the canister to open it and place your items inside (check to cash, deposit, etc.). Close the canister and place it back on the holder and press the "send" button for the canister to be sent into the building. There is no reason to press the "call" button as we will hear the canister come in and will wait on you in order of receipt of the canisters from the other lanes. We will speak to you through the two-way video system next to the canister unit. If you have questions or are having trouble you may press the "call" button or simply call us at 217-322-3323 from your cell phone.
- If possible, call us at 217-322-3323 before you come to the drive-up if you need to purchase cashier’s checks, money orders, prepaid cards or need to make a wire transfer. Our staff can get these items prepared for you in advance to lessen your wait time and allow us to wait on other customers more efficiently.
- If you are business customer and need to place a change order or have a large deposit that will not fit in the drive-up canister, please call us so we may make arrangements to assist you in making your deposit.
If you need to open a new deposit account, make changes to an existing account, change your debit card PIN or apply for a loan, please call us first so that we may prepare appropriate documents in advance of your visit and set a convenient time for you to have an appointment. Our safe deposit boxes are available during our regular business hours, however we do ask that you call first to schedule a time to be allowed access to your box. Our Trust Department is also fully-staffed at this time for your needs by appointment and staff are available by calling 217-322-3323.
Many services are available through our online banking site and mobile banking APPs including: viewing account history and statements, transferring funds between Rushville State Bank accounts, making loan payments, managing your debit card, paying bills online, and depositing checks. Sign up for these services through our website at www.rushvillestatebank.com or by downloading our APP to your mobile phone. Sign-up instructions are available on our website under the Online Banking tab.
All of our banking services remain available to you as they always have; only the delivery method has changed. Please call with any questions that you may have – we will get through this together. Thank you for your continue business and patience.
RUSHVILLE STATE BANK COVID-19 UPDATE (03.16.2020 5:15pm)
EFFECTIVE TUESDAY, MARCH 17th, 2020 ACCESS TO OUR LOBBY AND ANNEX BUILDING WILL BE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PLEASE UTILIZE OUR DRIVE-UP FACILITIES, ATMS, OR ONLINE SERVICES TO COMPLETE YOUR BANKING NEEDS. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS CONCERNING THIS CHANGE OR NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR ANOTHER SERVICE, PLEASE CALL US AT 217-322-3323.
As we continue to monitor the changing guidance related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, our first priority at Rushville State Bank remains the health and well-being of our customers, employees, and community members, while continuing to meet your banking needs.
We will continue to staff our location with employees who can assist you in your banking needs by telephone or by secure email through our Online Banking system. We encourage customers to utilize the drive-up banking facilities, our night depository, our ATMs, and our online banking and mobile services as much as possible for your banking needs. If you need to contact us for additional services, such as a loan, new account, or access to your safe deposit box please feel free to call us at 217-322-3323 anytime during our business hours.
If you require assistance in setting up your online banking or mobile banking account, please visit our website at www.rushvillestatebank.com and review the registration instructions under the Services and Online Banking tabs. You may also call us at 217-322-3323 for assistance in setting up your online access.
We will continue to monitor this situation and make necessary adjustments, and I encourage you to check our website and social media page for updates. As always, please feel fee to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Rest assured that Rushville State Bank continues to be a sound financial institution with very strong reserves, led by a Board of Directors that believes in our community focus and with a staff committed to providing high quality service to our customers.